1. Capitalized terms, not defined in the Terms and Conditions located at www.kidzbyte.com or elsewhere in this Agreement shall mean as follows :
(a) “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” and “User” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals who use the App.
(b) “Personal Information/ Personal Data” shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that We may collect from You. For removal of any doubts, please refer to Clause 3.
(c) “Third Parties” refer to any website, company or individual apart from the User and the creator of this Website.
2. Any reference to singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa, and any reference to one gender includes a reference to other gender(s), unless explicitly provided for.
3. Headings and captions are used for convenience only and not for interpretation of the Agreement.
4. Any reference to a natural person shall, include his/her heirs, executors and permitted assignees and any reference to a juristic person shall, include its affiliates, successors and permitted assignees, unless repugnant to the context.
1. In order to provide the App, We may require You to provide the following information :
(a) Whether You are an educator/ parent/ learner, (b) Your name, (c) Your phone number, (d) Your e-mail address, (e) Your gender, (f) Your date of birth, (g) Your school name, (h) Your school grade. Since We give Our Users an option to sign in to the App through third party sign-in services, such as their Facebook or Google account, the aforesaid information may be entered by the User from the User’s account with such third party sign-in services.
2. In addition to the information listed above, We automatically collect some information from any use of Our Service as set forth in the "Information collected automatically" section.
3. You will also provide Us with Your payment transaction information if You choose to pay for the services available on Our App. The Company will not use Your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a payment transaction with You. To the extent possible, We provide You the option of not divulging any specific information that You wish for Us not to collect, store or use. You may also choose not to use a particular service or feature on the App, and opt out of any non-essential communications from the App.
4. If You communicate with Us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected by KidzByte. When Users use Our Service, We automatically collect and store certain personal information provided by You from time to time in Our server logs. We collect and store Your search details on the App, including Your search history, the usage of the website and the features and time You have used the website for.
5. We are committed to keeping all such sensitive data/information safe at all times and ensure that such data/information is only transacted over secure site of approved payment gateways which are digitally encrypted, and provide the highest possible degree of care available under the technology presently in us. Further, transacting over the internet has inherent risks which can only be avoided by You following security practices Yourself, such as not revealing account/login related information to any other person and informing Our customer care team about any suspicious activity or where Your account has/may have been compromised.
6. At every stage prior to, during or after information collection, You have the right to access all personally identifiable information provided, rectify or alter all personally identifiable information provided, restrict the level of information to be retained as per Your sole discretion and object to the retention, use and potential disclosure of the personally identifiable information.
8. Third Party Data
We also collect information about You from third parties. For more information, see Information obtained by Third Parties.
9. Product Research and Development
We may contact You to participate in product research activities. These may include surveys, interviews, and other types of feedback sessions. When You participate in these research activities, the information You provide will be used to test, improve, and develop Our products. We will record the video, audio and text transcriptions of this feedback together with any additional contact information You provide and will retain this data for two years.
Please contact Us at email@example.com to:
- Request more information about the research activities You have volunteered for.
- Opt out of being contacted for research activities.
- Request a copy of any research related data You have provided to Us.
KidzByte may send push notification to Users - for example, letting them know when they have received new news updates. If You are a User or a parent of a User who is a child and no longer want these communications to be sent, please either turn off the push notifications on Your device, or contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If You are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has created a KidzByte account and You were not informed that Your child has created the said account, You can email Us at email@example.com to have that child’s account deleted.
Any parent that want copies of their children’s personal information that We may have stored can contact Us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. At any time, parents can refuse to permit Us to collect further personal information from their children, and can request that We delete the personal information We have collected from their child by contacting Us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that deleting records may require Us to terminate the account in question. Also remember that before We can share the information with You, or delete it per Your request, We will need to verify Your identity, for example by requiring that You provide acceptable forms of personal identification.
The technologies and information We automatically collect include:
1. Kidzbyte does not sell or rent Your Personal Information to any third party for any purpose - including for advertising or marketing purposes. Targeted advertising is not permitted on Kidzbyte. We use the information We collect from Users to provide them with the best KidzByte experience.
2. More specifically, this information is used:
i. To help Us make decisions on what We should work on next. For example (i) Details of how the User has used Our service, such as their activity on the Service, and the frequency and duration of their visits to the App (ii) IP address, (iii) Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of their request and referral URL;
ii. To enable the provision of Services opted for by You;
iii. To communicate necessary account and service related information from time to time;
iv. To allow You to receive quality customer care services;
v. To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
vi. To tailor the content and information that We may send or display to Users, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize student experiences while using the Site, App, or Services;
vii. To better understand how Users access and use Our Site, App, and Services, on an aggregated or de-identified basis, in order to improve Our Site, App, and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
viii. To provide You with advertising that better suits Your interests and profile and is age-/gender-appropriate and targeted to Your general location;
ix. To serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising.
4. We may occasionally send You service related and product change announcements through the general operation of the Service. We may also use Your contact information to send You notifications regarding new services, offers and promotions offered by KidzByte if You affirmatively consent to receive such communications.
5. We shall immediately delete all such information upon withdrawal of Your consent for the same through Our ‘unsubscribe’ through an email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and You authorize us to) disclose any information about You to law enforcement and other government officials as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or You to legal liability.
3. Analytics: We use analytics services, including mobile analytics software, to help Us understand and improve how the Service is being used. These services may collect, store and use Personal Information in order to help us understand things like how often students use the Service, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded.
4. Public: We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how KidzByte is used, spot industry trends, or to provide marketing materials for KidzByte. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
7. In the unlikely event that KidzByte goes out of business, or files for bankruptcy, we will protect User’s personal information, and will not sell it to any third party
You can manage Your account settings on the App to update, amend, and correct Your information.
Unless subject to an exemption, You also have the following rights in relation to the Personal Data We hold about You, unless provided otherwise by local law:
- To request access to, or erasure of, the Personal Data We hold about You.
- To request us to restrict the processing of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- To object to us processing Personal Data relating to You.
- Where You have given us consent to process Your Personal Data, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- To export the Personal Data You have provided to KidzByte in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party.
- To delete Your account with KidzByte by following the instructions available through the Service.
- To request a copy of Your Personal Data which We hold about You;
- To request for any correction to any Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- To obtain information as to whether Personal Data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, We may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that We are no longer able to meet Our contractual obligation to provide You with particular services. We will keep You informed as to the actions that We can take when You make Your request.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. If You need further assistance regarding Your rights, please contact Us using the contact information provided below and We will consider Your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases Our ability to uphold these rights for You may depend upon Our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services You have requested. Where this is the case, We will inform You of specific details in response to Your request.
Please note that You may have cookies placed on Your computer by third party websites that refer You to Our Service. Although We do not share Your Personal Data with these third party websites unless it is reasonably necessary to offer the Service, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information We transfer to them with Personal Data they previously collected from You. Please review the privacy policies of each website You visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, KidzByte would like to inform You that anytime You click on links (including advertising banners), which take You to third party websites, You will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies.
KidzByte provides some features and services intended for use by children. KidzByte uses age-gating to restrict what services are available to children depending on the age of the User and the applicable laws of their country. For example, a 15 year old child in Germany will require parental consent to use the Service, whereas a 12 year old child in the United States of America would receive a restricted service but not require parental consent.
KidzByte complies with applicable legal obligations relating to advertising to children. Advertisements displayed to children do not involve interest-based advertising or remarketing. Advertisements displayed to child audiences present content that is appropriate for children. Advertisements displayed to children follow the Designed for Families ad format requirements and are not deceptive or disruptive in any manner.
As mentioned above, however, to the extent that We use third party advertisers, they adhere to their own privacy policies.
(i) Children within the European Union
Each European Union (EU) member state is permitted to legally define its own digital age of consent between 13 and 16. KidzByte checks the age and country of the user to determine if the user is able to consent to the Service. If consent of a parent/guardian is required, the user will input the e-mail address of an adult who will receive a request to approve the child’s account registration. In the absence of a country specific Act of Law, the age of consent will be set at 16.
These EU child users will receive the following service restrictions: they will not be able to use the service until their parent/educator has provided consent for the child to do so. After the parent/educator has given consent, their child will be allowed to access the full KidzByte service.
With respect to such a User, We will prevent the collection and use of his/her precise geolocation data and display to him/her contextual advertising only (excluding any behavioral advertising).
Where KidzByte does make features and services available to children, We recognize that collecting Personal Data from children requires further privacy protections. Accordingly, KidzByte will: (1) if requested by parents or guardians, notify parents or educators about KidzByte’s privacy and information practices regarding children, including what Personal Data We collect and how We use, share, and protect that Personal Data; (2) limit Our collection of Personal Data to ensure that We collect no more than is necessary to provide KidzByte’s services; and (3) allow parents to request that KidzByte change or delete Personal Data about their children.
(ii) Children outside of the European Union
If a child of under 13 years from outside the EU registers for the KidzByte service, upon registration the child will provide an adult’s e-mail address, to whom KidzByte sends a notification.
With respect to such a User, We will prevent the collection and use of his/her precise geolocation data and display to him/her contextual advertising only (excluding any behavioral advertising).
- Instead of any Personally Identifiable Information about the child, We will only store the e-mail address of their parent/guardian.
- Only family friendly advertisements are shown and these ads do not do behavioral tracking.
These child Users will receive the following service restrictions:
- Mature words such as "beer" and "wine" are disabled.
- Social features are disabled, e.g. profiles, forums, clubs, etc.
- They cannot enter profile information such as a profile picture or a bio.
At the point when the user is known to have reached the age of 13, the account will automatically be transitioned to be a normal non-restricted account.
At all times KidzByte does not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with the Service. If We discover that We have unknowingly collected personal information from these children, We will delete it. If You believe We have collected personal information from a child, please contact Us at email@example.com
2. INFORMATION SECURITY
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. The security of Users’ personal information is important to Us.
User’s accounts are protected by a password. Users can help Us protect against unauthorized access to their account by keeping their password secret at all times. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the Company. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us and information that We have accessed.
- Our engineering team is dedicated to keeping Users’ Personal Information secure
- We continually develop and implement features to keep Users’ Personal Information safe - for example, when Users enter any information anywhere on the Service, We encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) by default.
- We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption and salted hashing.
KidzByte has implemented administrative and technical safeguards it believes are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Your Personal Data, Testing ID, User Photo and access credentials. No practices however are 100% immune, and We can’t guarantee the security of information. Given sufficient resources, a determined attacker could defeat the aforesaid safeguards and may, as a result, gain access to the data We seek to protect. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may also compromise the security of User information at any time. If We learn of a security breach, We will attempt to notify Users electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that they can take appropriate protective steps; for example, We may post a notice on Our homepage (www.kidzbyte.com) or elsewhere on the Service, and may send emails to the Users at the email address they have provided to Us.
Following registration, You can review and change the information You submitted at the stage of registration, except Email ID. An option for facilitating such change shall be present on the Website and such change shall be facilitated by the User. If You change any information, We may or may not keep track of Your old information. We will not retain in Our files information You have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce Our terms and conditions. Such prior information shall be completely removed from Our databases, including stored ‘back up’ systems. If You believe that any information We are holding on You is incorrect or incomplete, or to remove Your profile so that others cannot view it, the User needs to remediate, and promptly correct any such incorrect information.
How can I delete my child’s account?
If You ever want to delete Your child’s account, You can do that at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org When You delete Your child’s account, We delete their profile information, feedback, and information collected through the mobile permissions they’ve granted. Information that they have shared with others, others have shared about them, or content other Users may have copied and stored, is not part of a Users account and may not be deleted when We delete a Users’ account.
How long does KidzByte keep information about students?
We shall collect and store all such information in Our internal Company servers for a finite period time, as long as You are a User of the App, and shall immediately delete all such information upon expiry of Your Usership. We shall also delete all aforementioned communication upon withdrawal of Usership of any single Party to the communication. We also reserve the right to terminate User accounts that have not been accessed for a period of more than one year, unless We are required by law to retain it, need it to ensure the security of Our community or Our Service, or to enforce Our Terms.
As a responsible company, We do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
The Service is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals sent by some browsers.
For all support inquiries, please email email@example.com
To withdraw Your consent, or to request the download or delete Your data with Us, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org from Your registered email address. The Company shall take thirty (30) calendar days from the date of receiving the request to comply with the same.
In addition, if We ever make significant changes to the types of Personal Information We collect from children, or how We use it, We will notify parents in order to obtain parental consent or notice for those new practices.
Last updated on: 10 February, 2019